Roasting the Tomato and Garlic gives an amazing flavour. I like a bit of bite to my food so I have also added some Chilli but of course this is completely optional. I’m sure you guys will love this one.
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 2kg ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Brown Onions (finely diced)
- 1 Chilli (finely diced) - optional
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce - optional
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 400ml Coconut Cream
- Preheat oven at 180°C
- Line 2 baking trays with baking tray. Slice Tomatoes in half and remove core. Place skin side down on tray. Slice Garlic in half (sideways), and place on baking tray. Season with Salt and Pepper. Roast for approximately 45 minutes or until softened.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Peel skin of Tomatoes and place in food processor. Process until desired consistency is reached. Can remove seeds from tomatoes if desired, using a sieve.
- Peel Garlic and place in bowl. Mash Garlic into a paste.
- Heat Coconut Oil in large Saucepan. Add onion and chilli, and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add Tomato, Garlic, Stock, Tomato Paste, Tabasco Sauce, and Coconut Aminos. Bring to boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes
- Add Coconut cream and heat through
- Serve and enjoy.