This is something that I whipped up for lunch after the Christmas period. I'm feeling full and bloated after all the extra food that seems to be consumed at Christmas.
- 2 cups of Chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 500g Chicken Breast
- Salad ingredients - Baby Spinach, Mushroom, Capsicum, Onion, Cucumber etc
- Small handful off mixed nuts/seeds
- Place stock, Thyme, and seasoning in a pot. Bring to the boil
- Place Chicken breast into the stock. Again, bring the water to the boil.
- Once Boiling, lower heat and let Chicken simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad with desired ingredients
- Leave Chicken in the stock for another 5 minutes.
- Take Chicken out of stock and slice once cool enough.
- Serve Chicken with salad and top with nuts and seeds
- keep left over chicken in an air tight container in the fridge. May last a day or so.
- You may add other seasoning to the stock as desired
- I also added a Macadamia Dukkuh to the seed mix which added some flavour.